Article No 1
Stay In Control Of Your Soccer Game With The Right Studs
Soccer cleats, soccer boots or football boots – call them what you want but they are one of the most important part of your game as you basically play the game by foot. Even though all shoes may look alike at first, there are different shoes to suit different field types and playing conditions.
While choosing the right type of cleats is the first step to getting the maximum out of your shoes, the right type of studs will make all the difference.
What are soccer boot studs?
Soccer boot studs are the projections on the sole of the soccer boots. They give you the necessary traction to play on the different types of fields. The term cleats are interchangeably used to denote both football boots as well as the studs that are on the bottom of the outsoles.
What are studs made of?
Studs not only come in different shapes but also come in a variety of materials from plastic to rubber to even metal ones. Certain leagues do not allow the use of metal studs. However, metal-tipped studs are allowed.
Types of soccer cleat studs
Soccer cleat studs give the required traction for the different field conditions. There are three basic types of studs as explained below.
- Bladed studs – Offer more traction and speed with less stud pressure.
- Hard ground – As the name suggests they are specifically designed for hard surfaces for superior traction.
- Round/Conical – More stable as they allow more contact with the field.
Soccer studs can also be attached on removable as shown below.
- Attached – These are attached to the soccer boot and are best suited for dry pitches.
- Removable/chageable – These are screwed into the soles. Playing on wet and muddy grounds can be improved with awesome soccer cleats with removable studs as they provide better traction.